Model 1873 150th Anniversary
2023 SHOT Show Special – Limited edition Model 1873 150th Anniversary lever-action rifle with blued steel receiver and full octagon blued barrel. Features Grade V/VI walnut straight grip stock and rifle style forearm with satin finsih.
"The Gun that Won the West."
150 years ago, the revered Winchester Model 1873 began its historic run. Similar to the earlier Model 1866 "Yellow Boy," the '73 traded the brass alloy receiver for iron, adding strength and other improvements such as a dust cover that covered the loading/ejection port. Fortunately for Winchester, the release of the '73 coincided with unbridled expansion into the untamed region of the American West, which caused demand for these reliable rifles to soar. During the course of the next few decades, the Model 1873 was used by cowboys, Native Americans, ranchers, farmers, pioneers, law enforcement agents and outlaws alike. It was in their hands that the legend of the Model 1973 was forged.
Here at Winchester Repeating Arms we still know a great deal about "legends." After all, our product line is full of them. But few will match the look, feel and function of this very special octagon-barreled, 150th Anniversary commemorative Model 1873. This rifle exemplifies the lever-action genre with butter smooth operation and a walnut stock that is accented by deeply blued steel components that feature gold-enhanced engraving.
If you envision one of these finely crafted, historic rifles for your own, don't delay. Production is limited.
Model 1873 150th Anniversary Features
- High gloss blued steel receiver, lever, and forearm cap with gold enhanced 150th Anniversary engraving
- Grade V/VI Walnut straight grip stock with a satin oil finish that’s velvet smooth to the touch
- Classic rifle-style forearm with forearm cap for the timeless look and feel of the original Model 1873
- 24" full octagon barrel
- Crescent buttplate slips right into your shoulder for a more solid hold from any shooting position
- Semi-Buckhorn rear sight with marble arms® gold bead front sight gets you on target quickly
- Steel loading gate for smooth loading
- Receiver top tang is drilled and tapped for an optional tang-mounted rear sight that gives you a more precise sight picture and the timeless look and feel of shooting a long-barreled frontier rifle
|Item Number 534313140||UPC 048702026027|
|Caliber 44-40 Win||Barrel Length 24|
|Overall Length 43||Length of Pull 13|
|Drop at Comb 1 3/4||Drop at Heel 3|
|Weight 8 lbs 0 oz||Magazine Capacity 13|
|Twist Rate 36||Barrel Finish Polished Blued|
|Stock Finish Oil||Wood Grade Grade V/VI|
|Receiver Finish Polished Blued||Chamber Finish Polished|
|Barrel Material Steel||Barrel Contour Full Octagon|
|Stock Material Black Walnut||Recoil Pad Crescent Metal|
|Checkering Laser 20 LPI||Sling Swivel Studs None|
|Receiver Material Steel||Trigger Finish Polished Blued|
|Bolt Slide Finish Polished Blued||Magazine Type Full-Length Tube|
|Trigger Material Steel||Trigger Guard Material Steel|
|Trigger Guard Engraving None||Drilled and Tapped for Scope No|