TO SEND YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER: Send resume and cover letter to the address listed (e-mail resumes sent as attachments should be in Microsoft Word format). Please send your resume by US mail, FAX, or e-mail to the address noted at the end of each position. If you send via e-mail, your resume should be written using Microsoft Word and sent as an attachment. Apply to: email@example.com, fax to: 800-234-2054, or mail to Attn: HR Office, 275 Winchester Ave, Morgan UT 84050.
Winchester Quality Engineer
Winchester Repeating Arms (WRA), an industry leader in the Shooting and Hunting Outdoor industry is seeking a knowledgeable Winchester Quality Control Engineer who will be highly involved in the quality processes of the Winchester brand firearms. This position is located at our WRA Service and Distribution Center in Arnold, Missouri (just 20 minutes from St. Louis) where the heart of “Quality for Winchester” is located. This position reports to our Worldwide Quality Director.
The Winchester Quality Engineering position is critical in the Quality Control processes of the Winchester brand firearms. This position working in conjunction with the Browning Quality Team and is responsible to create, manage, and protect standards, specifications and procedures for the Winchester brand products. Repeatability and reproducibility of the tasks performed are necessary to the credibility of the Quality Department and Winchester.
The ideal candidate for this position must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Building and managing positive relationships with others from within and outside of the Winchester brand products is critical to the efficiency of the position. Travel will be a normal part of the responsibilities (approximately 50 days per year). The Quality Engineer would be expected to participate in product qualifications, factory audits, and meetings both domestic and international.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, organized and a team player. The person selected loves learning, and enjoys the outdoor industry. The candidate should have a keen balance between creating excellent working relationships, but also be able to be respectfully firm, and have strict adherence to standards and procedures. They must be very critically minded, consistent and reliable.
Toughness, strength, and a general enthusiasm for firearms are important to offset the rigors of the required, regular and high volume shooting that includes magnum caliber and large gauge loads.
The primary responsibility is to technically measure and analyze Winchester brand consumer products, and communicate the findings in a consistent, statistical, and professional manner to the appropriate parties.
Another responsibility is to troubleshoot problems that may be inherent in the design or probable in the manufacturing process. In order to accomplish this task, the position must understand Winchester product lines and how each firearm operates.
To summarize job duties:
- Troubleshoot abnormal firearm behavior.
- Measure and analyze part to print conformance.
- Participate in product audits.
- Describe quality performance through statistics.
- Participate in product qualification.
- Required writing policy, procedures, and standards.
- Manage and schedule daily product audits.
- Resolve quality concerns with customers and suppliers.
- Must be able to do extensive shooting, including large gauge and caliber firearms.
- Office Skills include Microsoft Office, creating and managing agenda and timelines, and the ability to communicate and deliver presentations.
- Statistical Proficiency: DMAIC, process capability, gage R&R, control charts pareto analysis, & objective reporting.
- Metrology ability: CMM, caliper/micrometer, height gage, hardness testing.
- Blueprint proficiency: Nomenclature, linear dimensioning, GD&T, interaction and interference, tolerance stack up analysis.
- Firearm competency: Classification, action type/operation, safe handling, mechanical understanding, enthusiastic/passionate, troubleshooting.
- Engineering documentation: Work instruction, process/procedure/standard creation, engineering change requests and orders.
This position is a newly created position for Winchester Repeating Arms, and will be instrumental in quality processes for the Winchester brand firearms business. If you are a person who loves the Outdoors Industry, who is an avid user of outdoor products, and who has the right skills, abilities, education and experience, then this position may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Applicants should be philosophically aligned with the Winchester brand, its products, markets and mission. WRA offers an excellent wage and benefits package. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. WRA Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to: 800-234-2054.