TO SEND YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER: Send resume and cover letter to the address listed (e-mail resumes sent as attachments should be in Microsoft Word format). Please send your resume by US mail, FAX, or e-mail to the address noted at the end of each position. If you send via e-mail, your resume should be written using Microsoft Word and sent as an attachment. Apply to: email@example.com, fax to: 800-234-2054, or mail to Attn: HR Office, 275 Winchester Ave, Morgan UT 84050.
Winchester Product Quality Technician
Service & Distribution Center
3005 Tenbrook Rd
Arnold MO 63010
Winchester Repeating Arms, an industry leader in the Shooting and Hunting Outdoor industry is seeking a highly motivated Quality Technician to join our team reporting to our Quality Manager at the Service and Distribution Center in Arnold, Missouri (just 20 minutes from St. Louis) where the heart of “Quality for Winchester Repeating Arms” is located.
This position will assist the Q.C. Engineer in conducting audits for incoming new Winchester firearm products as well as for WRA firearms products as necessary, measuring and analyzing firearm parts for conformance to the Technical Data Package (TDP), and assisting new product qualifications. The position requires extensive firearms testing (shooting) including firing large gauge and caliber firearms, as well as a solid understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T), and experience in metrology & metallurgy.
Essential Job Duties
- Inspect incoming new Winchester firearms products for acceptability and conformance to quality specifications. Identify inconsistencies and intolerances, and prepare comparison reports as needed.
- Requires use of metrology equipment that may include, but not limited to: optical comparator, micrometers, calipers, force gauge, hardness test machine, height gauge, borescope, gauge pins, and headspace gauges.
- Ability to marshal data from different sources, and analyze and draw conclusions from analysis of identified patterns in data. Makes pragmatic decisions based on range of factors. Makes decisions quickly where necessary, and backs up decisions with facts.
- Interpretation of the Technical Data Package (TDP) for each Winchester firearms product as well as WRA firearms as required.
- Ability to measure and convert units of measurement from the US Customary unit system to the Metric system.
- Perform WRA and SAAMI Safety and Security tests.
- Perform testing of product at both onsite and off-site shooting ranges.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of firearms, their classifications, action type, safe operation of firearms, and some mechanical understanding of function. Prefer someone who enjoys, supports and has a passion for the firearms and outdoor industry.
- Ability to take initiative and be self-motivated.
- Ability to develop and work with other team members creating positive working relationships.
- Efficient organizational skills.
- Ability to follow procedures and standards with exactness.
- Ability to learn while on the job.
- Ability to be consistent and reliable.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Required: High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred: One-year certificate from college or technical school; and 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
This position requires the ability to write technical reports, business correspondence via email, and technical procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and/or customers. Ideally, the candidate should be able to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume with the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, and/or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Job may require both domestic and/or international travel.
This position requires the employee to endure a high volume of repetitive shooting, including high velocity and magnum loads. This position requires the employee to shoot both standing and in the bench-rest position.
Including but not limited to:
Caliper/micrometer (Digital and Standard)
Digital and Analog Indicators
Technical Data Proficiency
Interaction and interference
Tolerance stack up analysis
If you would love to work for Winchester Repeating Arms, and you believe your skills and abilities meet our requirements, we would love to see your resume. Applicants should be philosophically aligned with the brand, its products, markets and mission of WRA and its affiliate companies. WRA offers an excellent wage and benefits package. And, of course, a special employee discount on all Winchester Repeating Arms/Winchester products. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Winchester Repeating Arm is an EEO Employer.