PRIVACY AND OTHER RELATED ISSUES.
We store names, addresses, and, if provided, phone numbers, e-mail addresses and other information collected from four main sources:
- Catalog Requests**
- Owner's Manual Requests**
- Purchase Confirmation**
- Trophy Case**
Catalog and Owner's Manual Requests. Your name and shipping address are provided to our shipping company and used to ship your order. Providing your e-mail address or phone number is optional, but may be helpful should we need to clarify or provide information regarding your request.
Purchase Confirmation is available for specific Winchester Rifles & Shotguns products and is not required to validate any implied or written warranty requirements. You may confirm your purchase by filling out the form on the Internet at winchesterguns.com/purchaseconfirm. Confirming your purchase enables us to collect personal contact information, product data (model, date of purchase, intended use, etc.), as well as demographic and lifestyle information on Winchester Rifles & Shotguns product owners. We study this marketing information to better serve your needs and interests.
We consider information on firearms and other product purchases (such as model, serial number, purchase date, price paid, etc.) strictly confidential and proprietary. This information is never shared with any third party except to contract with a specialized research agency to organize and quantify this information for our internal marketing analysis or at the specific written request of the Federal government through firearm trace requests. We prohibit such agency from providing this information to any other party.
On the Purchase Confirmation form, you may be able to indicate interest in optional services and information through the use of “opt-in” boxes. “Opt-in” boxes have a default setting that will indicate no interest in the service or information. If you check an “opt-in” box, we consider this permission to perform the service or give the information described. There may be several types of “opt-in” check boxes:
- You are given the opportunity to subscribe to Winchester Rifles & Shotguns e-News.
- You are given the opportunity to receive information on products or services that match your indicated hobbies or interests. If you check this “opt-in” box, we will provide your contact information to companies who produce the products of interest or provide information on products you may be interested in. (Please note that we have no control over the privacy policies of these companies.)
- From time-to-time we will provide special opportunities to consumers who choose to fill out the Purchase Confirmation form. If you check this “opt-in” box, we will provide your contact information to the company offering the specific special offer. (Please note that we have no control over the privacy policies of these companies.)
Also, to serve your interests more effectively, we provide relevant Web site links for your consideration. We have no control over the privacy policies of these linked sites and recommend you review the privacy statements of these companies carefully before providing them with any of your personal information. Further, linkage to these companies does not infer our endorsement of any non-Winchester Rifles & Shotguns sites, their products or services, nor does such linkage provide any access by these companies to any information you have provided to us.
At any time, you may modify or delete your personal information from any or all of the above Winchester Repeating Arms databases by contacting our web site administrator.
** Information collected at these locations is purely voluntary and with specific permission (opt-in) from you.
Your privacy is important to us. At any time, you may modify or delete your personal information from any or all Winchester Repeating Arms databases by contacting our customer service department in Morgan, Utah.
Winchester Repeating Arms Customer Service E-Mail Address (firearms). If you still have a questions about the use of personal information, please e-mail us. Or call our Customer Service Department during office hours at: 800-333-3288.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides California consumers with new rights regarding their personal information and imposes data protection responsibilities on certain entities that conduct business in California.
The law affords Californians several key rights, including rights to:
- Request information (data access)
- Opt out of the sale of personal information (a very broadly defined right to opt out of sharing of information with third parties)
- Have personal information deleted
- Be informed that personal information is being disclosed or sold
Each of these points is addressed by Winchester Repeating Arms in the policy above.