Model 101 Over & Under Shotguns
The 101 legend. Aficionados of Winchester® shotguns know well the Model 101. The styling and handling are legendary, the reliability never in question. Today’s Model 101s are the full equal of the sought-after original with the added benefits of modern manufacturing techniques and an advanced low profile design for handling performance. One thing that isn’t new is the high standard of quality you expect from a Winchester shotgun. And, like the greatest over and unders in history, they’re made in Belgium.
The secret is performance. If you are considering a fast-handling, smooth-swinging over and under shotgun, bring a Model 101 up to your shoulder at your Winchester Repeating Arms® dealer. It offers Belgian-made craftsmanship, engraved steel and finely cut checkered walnut at a low price few over and unders can match.
25,000+ Strong. Its strong action was tested by firing 25,000 shells without a single part failure. The low-profile receiver and mild recoil make the Model 101 extremely pleasant to shoot all day. The Model 101 begs to be examined and yearns to be yours. Today’s Model 101® features the same FAMILIAR DIMENSIONS set long ago by the original. The familiar drop at comb and narrow, comfortable grip insure time-tested comfort and performance.
The Model 101® has the drop on the original with the advantage of a LOW-PROFILE RECEIVER. This means that recoil occurs in-line, directly back for faster follow-up shots with less muzzle jump. Also, your forward hand can be closer to the bore centerline, bringing your hands, face and sighting plane into a more natural alignment for more intuitive and accurate shooting. Getting pounded by your gun is now a thing of the past with the patented PACHMAYR® DECELERATOR® RECOIL PAD with snag-free heel. Found on all Model 101® shotguns, it reduces felt recoil to very manageable levels, even when shooting heavy magnum loads.
There are several key features that should not be forgotten:
- The 101 has 49% greater shearing surface on the hinge system than its main competitor.
- It has 30% more lockup on its conical locking pins than its main competitor
- It offers extreme strength, yet still has a low profile receiver configuration for a more natural point of aim
- The bores AND chambers are chrome plated for extreme durability
The feature list.
- Low-Profile Receiver. Your hand can be closer to the bore centerline, bringing your hands, face and sighting plane into a more natural alignment for more intuitive and accurate shooting. In-line recoil, less muzzle jump for faster follow up shots.
- Familiar Dimensions. The familiar drop at comb and heel as well as the narrow, comfortable grip ensure time-tested levels of comfort and performance.
- Grip Cap. The model 101 has an elegantly fitted grip cap.
- Pachmayer Decelerator Recoil Pad. The Pachmayer Decelerator reduces felt recoil to a very manageable level.
- Cut Checkering. Finely cut checkering to improve grip also adds artistic elegance to the walnut stock and forearm.
- .742 Back-Bored Technology. Extensive research and testing has proven that when it comes to back-boring, .742” is the ideal interior barrel diameter, ensuring tight, consistent patterns. Any larger and gases blow by the shot cup and reduce pellet velocity. Too small and the pellets are deformed as they pass through the forcing cone, causing poor ballistic performance.
- Invector-Plus Chokes. All 101 shotguns come with either extended Signature Series or flush-mounted Invector Plus tubes.
- Truglo Sights. The Truglo sight system on some target models offer quick target acquisition.
- Steel-Tough Hinge. All hinge areas bear tension from recoil with each shot, so the Model 101 is built with surfaces that are 49% larger than many competitors. The surfaces are machined simultaneously with the hinge to ensure perfect alignment.
- Exceptionally tough locking pin "lugs." The locking lugs have 30% more contact surface than the competition for an action that’s built to last.
- Chrome Plated Chambers and Bores. All Winchester Model 101 shotguns have chrome-plated chambers and bores that stand up to the abuse thousands of shells can take.